background

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Pinterest Recipe

Hello everyone!

Wow, Sorry it's been so long since I have last posted.  Let me show you why...



Yes, I was having my little baby girl - Lola.  :)  She is such a precious and sweet little baby!  She was born on Sunday, January 29th at 6:48 a.m.  She was little - Only 5lbs 10oz!  And I was full term.  Scary delivery, but I'll chat about that on another post.  She is 8 weeks old today, so here is a more recent picture.



Ok, so enough about my cutie little baby! :)  The point of this post is to talk about a yummy little recipe I saw on Pinterest.  If you don't know what Pinterest is, then you have been living around a rock!  It's such an awesome website and you need to join if you haven't yet!

This recipe is called "No Bake Energy Bites" and I pinned it on Pinterest from this source.  Here are mine and the recipe is below.




Ingredients:

  • 1 cup oatmeal (the old school oats)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup flax seed
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
*It says to add coconut flakes, but I chose not to since I hate coconut, but that is something you can add!

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes then simply roll into little balls.  Should make around 20 balls or so, depending on how big or small you roll them.  Keep them refrigerated and enjoy!


*Another side note - you don't have to use chocolate chips.  You can substitute those for anything.  Chopped walnuts, almonds or maybe dried cranberries.  Anything you want! :)


I hope you enjoy and try them out!  I have a few other projects up my sleeve that I have been working on and will be sharing very soon!

Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment