background

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DIY Mirror Makeover!

Hello everyone!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!  Liam and I headed down to Jacksonville, FL to visit my bestest friend, Sarah!  We had a wonderful time and it was a nice break from my office re-do.  Now that we are home, I have continued to work on the desk (who knew it would take so long!) but decided to do a small little DIY project.  The best part is that it was FREE! I have an old mirror that I absolutely LOVE.  I've had it for about 4 years and it has gone everywhere with me.  I decided to give it a new look.  It has gorgeous detail and I thought it would look great in the office we are re-stylin'. :) 


Here it is before!!

Look at the detail




So here are the simple little steps.  Take some painters tape or masking tape and tape along the edges onto the mirror.  This will ensure that no paint will get on the mirror.  I went ahead and did a quick coat of primer.


This is what it looked like after the primer coat.  I decided to only do one coat (that should be plenty).  I let it dry for about 2 hours.  I went back out and painted it white.  I only did one coat (once again, that should be plenty).  I used the same primer and paint that I am using on the desk, thus FREE.

Here is our finished product:



Pretty, huh??  It look even better once the room is painted the light bluish shade I am going to paint the walls.  For now, its still drying out in the garage :)

So here is the cost breakdown:
  • Mirror - Free
  • Primer - Free (from desk project)
  • Paint - Free (also from desk project)
  • Painters tape - Free (have TONS of it)
And, Voila!  A free, simple DIY Project that will spruce up any mirror in your home!  Thanks again for reading!



2 comments:

  1. love it!

    i thought i should let you know - i'm going to paint our bookshelves and am totally excited about my own teeny tiny DIY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are doing that! What color are you going to paint them? I can't wait to get our office painted so I can start putting everything together & move on to the next room! :)

    ReplyDelete