background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sneak Peek on the office re-do!

Good Morning, Everyone!

I have been hard at work trying to finish up this room so we can move on to the next one!  So I painted the office yesterday and the rest this morning.  I chose the color by Behr called :Tide Pools.  It is a LUSCIOUS, FABULOUS color that just made me think "spa & relax".

Here is a sneak peek of the newly painted walls:

Ignore the mess in the hallway! Pretty color, huh?



A different view

Ok, so you are probably wondering what is that square looking thing on the wall.  Well, it is an easy simple to do "frame" or "art work" that you can do on your wall for...wait for it...FREE.  Assuming you already have painters tape (which you should to paint the trim, people!)  So all I did was I painted a huge section of the wall white (already had that paint from the desk) and once it dried, I marked out my square with the painters tape.  I then painted around the tape with the color of the walls.  Let it dry and then, BOOM!  You have a beautiful art looking frame on your wall.  I did another one that size right next to it (which you can't see because I JUST painted it so I'm letting the paint dry before ripping off the tape).  And then I did two small squares on top of each other next to the 2nd large square.  Just trying something different.  Here is a picture below, you can kind of see it:

Well, maybe not.  But just wait for it to dry!
 So, just give me by the end of today and hopefully I will have everything in place for the big reveal tomorrow!  YAY!!  Can't wait to put everything together!

Thanks again for reading!  Oh, here is a better close up of the square "art/frame".

LOVE IT!! :)

2 comments:

  1. i love it! it would be fun to get some white-board or chalkboard paint for those areas too...

    loving your creative journey, friend. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh, that's a good idea too! Thank you, I'm really enjoying my creative side and trying to think of things I can do with just the stuff in my house. :)

    ReplyDelete