background

Friday, June 3, 2011

New project alert! Foyer makeover

Hellllooo again!  It's Friday!  Yay!  You know what that means...Foyer makeover! :)  At least it does for me!  I have been thinking for such a long time that I want to re-style the foyer.  You know, it is the first impression people get of your home, so it needs to look awesome, right?  Yes is the answer!  I finally decided what I wanted to do and it is going to look awesome!!  Here are a few shots of the foyer as is:


Blah...Kinda boring, right?  This section above, we will put a little white chair there and a nice long piece of art and a new area rug.  I'm also thinking of making a chair rail and maybe a little lattice board...So many ideas!  I need to keep it super cheap though!


This is the awkward little nook right by the stairs, but the first thing you see when you come in.  The table is staying.  The lamp is going.  Going to replace with a new one, maybe from Home Goods?  They have the BEST deals on lamps.  You will not find lamps like theirs any where else, for cheaper. 

So here is what I am thinking.  I want to paint an accent wall in the foyer.  You'll notice above that I have two different paint colors that I am choosing from right now.  I kind of want the left one.  Bold. Brown. Yumm. :) 


It will really make the foyer stand out.  So stay tuned!!  I hope to have this completed by Monday to show you all (in between cleaning, laundry, cooking..whew!) Here's hoping!  Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment