Wow, ok so I know it's been awhile since I have posted - my bad! :) Being pregnant takes a lot of you and WITH a 2 & 1/2 year old too...who is verrrrry demanding of his mommy's attention. But anyways, I'm back with a lot of new updates and new projects in the works. Obviously one BIG one is the nursery we will be preparing for our DAUGHTER! That's right, we are having a girl :) Very excited about that. Another thing I am super excited about is that it's fall! Yay! This is my favorite time of year like most peoples I'm sure. And I am typing that as I sit outside with Liam watching him play and me type :)
Here are the things I love about fall:
- Cooler weather - duh! As my husband says "shorts and long sleeve shirts kinda weather"
- All the pretty fall colors - reds, oranges, yellows, etc.
- Yummy fall drinks from Starbucks (which I can't really enjoy this year since being pregnant..you know, no caffeine & they just don't taste as good decaf!)
- Hot chocolate! I can have that! :)
- Halloween! I love Halloween now more since I have a child, especially a child who is getting older & sorta understands what it is. PLUS we have tons of kids in our neighborhood & everyone here realllly gets into Halloween - I love that!
- Thanksgiving, of course! Don't even need to elaborate..
- FOOTBALL! We are huge football fans in this house
- And lastly - decorating! I'm not realllly into decorating the inside of the house in "fall" gear, but more the outside..hence this post :) But I do like to decorate the inside of the house for Christmas! Can't wait for that..
Didn't have too much decorating out there for Spring/Summer, but it's something! And here it is after I "falled" it:
|Pardon the 2 year old..he wanted to be in the picture :)|
So the changes were: New front door sign, new plant stand, pumpkin, two new pottery holders & flowers. This all cost me around $50.00. Which I normally wouldn't want to spend, but since this is our first house, we didn't have anything like this so you have to buy it all initially! So next year, I shouldn't have to spend much or none at all. I think I would like to replace (for now) the front door mat & get something with more fall colors, but we'll keep the blue for now.
Oh, and here is a really pretty tree in our front yard that is already making red leaves - love! :)
If you're interested, here was the cost break down:
- Door sign from HL @ 30% off - $6.95
- 2 flower pots from OTP - $12.00 (for both)
- Pumpkin from OTP - $5.00
- Plant stand from OTP - $14.00
- Feux flowers from OTP - $12.00
Have any of you guys "falled" up your front doors/porches/houses?? Hope you enjoyed! Will be back soon with some posts very soon! :)