background

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Guest room - Re-styled!!

I am FINALLY done with the guest room project!!  I've actually been done with all the painting and decorating for a while, but I was waiting on a white goose-down comforter for the bed.  My mom was sending it to me to let me borrow for the whole summer!  Shout out to Mom's!  Thank you!!  It was also free of charge for me to use it... :)  Anyways, lets look at the before:

Boring....

More Boring...

More, More Boring...
As you can see, the room was lacking some color and was just kind of drab.  Well not anymore! Here is the AFTER:




LOVE the color!!  LOVE the lamps!!  Everything in here was a fun and super cheap find! We'll get into that more in a minute.  SO many fun DIY projects from the headboard to the "LOVE" art above the bed to the white mirrors on the wall.  This is by far my favorite room in the house, so far.  It is so colorful and just simple and pretty.  Here is a dresser that I got for FREE.  Yep, it was left here in the house by the previous owners.  They left it because it needed some work and they obviously didn't want to deal with it.  Score for me!  All it needed was some wood glue.  Done.  So here is the dresser with the DIY art project above it.


Matches the floors and everything.  I was thinking of painting it white, but once I left it here for a few days, it really grew on me.  It's staying as is!  Here are the super cute blue polka dot curtains I got at Ikea.


$12.99 for 2 panels!!  DEAL!  Most of the stuff in this room is either from Ikea or Old Time Pottery.  Those 2 beautiful lamps are from OTP and the BRIGHT yellow rugs are from Ikea, seen here:


Those light blue night stands are also from Ikea!  So let's break down the costs below.

  1. Paint: $30.00
  2. 2 Rugs: $30.00
  3. 2 Lamps: $22.98
  4. DIY Art:  $5.97
  5. Mirrors: FREE (Already owned, just painted white)
  6. Comforter:  FREE (Thanks Moms!) 
  7. Dresser:  FREE (Thanks previous homeowners!)
  8. 2 Night Tables: $12.00 ($6.00 a piece!)
  9. Curtains: $12.00
  10. Headboard Materials: $17.00
GRAND TOTAL: $129.95!!  For a whole room???  Not to shabby if I do say so myself!  I was really trying to stay at $100, but I went over just a tad.  Not to bad though.  So there we have it!  The guest room has been re-styled!  I am posting pictures of the office today or tomorrow too.  Yes, I've been done a while, but there were a few more things I needed to re-touch before I showed everyone!

Thanks for reading Re-Stylin' and I hope you enjoy the room!

PS-All the DIY projects for this room can be seen under the link "Projects" above.  Go take a look!

3 comments:

  1. i love the bold color choices! it looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. you did a great job. where are those yellow flowers from??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Meg! I believe they are from Hobby Lobby

    ReplyDelete